Friday, December 9, 2011

Some of the best gifts...

...don't come wrapped.

This Tuesday was my birthday, and as birthdays go, it was pretty low key. But I don't mind it. I spent Saturday night with my family. My parents made birthday dinner (steak and baked potatoes) and my mom baked a cookie cake. I got some awesome gifts- very cozy sweat pants, some books, tickets to a concert, and the script from the taping we saw when we were in California- to name a few. But what was even more awesome was the time spent chatting, and my awesome spit take while watching something funny on TV (don't drink things while watching comedy- it doesn't end well).

On my actual birthday I worked. My morning didn't start well, but I don't even remember why because the rest of my day was awesome. My mom brought me to Manhattan Bagel, and we bought bagels for the whole staff (and I got a special one). We had my birthday lunch- I chose sandwiches and chips- and my mom made another cookie cake. I went back to the preschool room for the afternoon, and then I got two of the best gifts. One of my preschoolers woke up from her nap, and the first words out of her mouth were, "Happy birthday, Jenny!" And she ran across the room to give me a hug. I almost cried. I don't even know how she remembered. Later, another one of the preschoolers gave me his (half eaten) cookie that he was saving for his snack. Kids really know how to make you feel special sometimes.

I got out of work early to go to Kissmas Bash, which is a concert put on by our local Kiss (Top 40) radio station. My sister, Julie, got me tickets for my birthday.We had a great time together. We got to see Demi Lovato in concert for a second time, and I found a new band to love- We the Kings. I got a new Santa hat- it is blue with blinking snowflakes, and some tinsel in my hair. It is so sparkly and festive, and I may be getting more.

The only thing I didn't get for my birthday is snow. But it is coming. Soon. I hope.

P.S. No pictures today, but I may be doing a Christmas picture scavenger hunt. Keep a look out for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment