Monday, September 12, 2011

Summer Photo Challenge (Second last one)

Well, this is the second last challenge and this one was particularly difficult for me It is a bokeh- something I knew absolutely nothing about. So I looked it up and it is basically where part of the image is artistically blurry. I am still not sure I did it right, but the resulting image is pretty so, here goes.


The flower is a Rose of Sharon, or a Hibiscus syriacus. We have several of these in our back yard, and they are quickly becoming one of my favorite flowers. All the ones we have are purpley- pink. My mom transplanted this one for me from the side of our shed to its current location, next to the deck stairs. This pretty flower greets me every time I open the back door to let Finn out.

The last photo for the challenge will go up later this week, close to the official end of summer. I think I am going to find a challenge for Fall. Or maybe I will make up my own.

Post-post (hehe) edit... My flowers color coordinates well with my summer blog background.

No comments:

Post a Comment