Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Rolling stool

Look at this, 2 days of blogging in a row! This one is a therapy update.

Who would ever think that an innocent thing like this simple rolling stool...


 ... could become an instrument of torture! Ok, I might be exaggerating a little, but honestly my newest therapy exercise is the hardest one so far. I have to put my good leg on one of the wheel legs and wheel myself around the carpeted therapy room with my bad leg... for 3 minutes. It doesn't sound that hard, but seeing as it's been just 2 1/2 months since my ACL reconstruction, and I have to use my hamstring muscle (which they took the graft for the ACL from) it is not fun. I knew it was coming, because it was one of the exercises I had to do before therapy.

I also graduated from the exercise bike to the elliptical machine last Friday. I go backwards on it. The first day it was a little hard, but today was not bad at all. It is the nicest elliptical I've ever seen; it even has a fan underneath the display to keep the exerciser cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment