Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Massive Update

I know I haven't written anything in a long time, but I go through some times where I go through terrible writer's block and everything I write sounds wrong. I just have to get write through it and how it ends up is just what you get. So I am going to write massive update and catch everything up.

Summer Photo Challenge- I have an IOU that I have to fulfill: Trees! We recently came back from visiting Mikey's mom and step-dad (and other family and friends) in California which extended our summer. And I knew there would be tons of palm trees.


I also have to finish the last challenge which is simply Summer. I couldn't just summarize it with just one picture, so you get a collage, pictures from the Summer Photo Challenge, and other ones that just say 'Summer' to me.

 Therapy- This past week, almost everything I do at therapy just got harder. Not because I got hurt or anything, but because I am doing so well that my physical therapist said I needed more of a challenge. Most notably I have to do my 'favorite' rolling stool exercise for 4 minutes instead of 3. I also had more weight added to a few exercises, and for my balancing exercise I am standing on something different, a kind of inflated disk, and it is harder to balance. I also have a new exercise where I do sidesteps and squats with an elastic band around my feet. It isn't too bad. My PT said that I am doing well for a patient with an ACL replacement, but considering the both surgeries, I am doing extremely well. I have been having a small issue where my knee feels like it is hyper-extending, but I asked, and that is normal while the ligament stretches and the muscles get back to normal.

I also went back to the doctor the day after we came back from vacation, and I for the most exciting news of the week.....

I AM GOING BACK TO WORK!!!

Am I excited? I sure am. Am I a little nervous? Yep, I'm that too. By the time I go back it will have been 7 months that I've been out. Even though my knee is getting better, and is not unstable anymore, I am still afraid of falling, or getting run into. Falling shouldn't be an issue (knock on wood), but there is no way of avoiding getting run into. That's just the way kids are. So a week from Monday, we'll see how the knee is really holding up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment