Monday, July 4, 2011

Bonfires, Family, and Summer Photo Challenge

One of my favorite things about summer is having a bonfire with my family and friends. I love just sitting around chatting, holding multiple conversations at once, making s'mores and dough-boys*, and just being with the people I care about. So last night was just fantastic, as my parents had a bonfire in their backyard. My dad even "borrowed" a lounge chair from their neighbors so I could be comfortable. (Don't worry, they wouldn't have minded. And it was returned this morning.)

What a nice fire!

And that brings me to my next order of business. I have decided to join my sister Kelly at When the Time is Right who joined Ari for her Summer Photo Challenge (that's a mouthful!). I am a week behind, so at some point I will probably post two weeks at once to catch up. This is the challenge:


And Week 1 (for me)- Something Sweet:

Mmmmm... S'more

Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

*Dough-boys- Biscuit dough wrapped around the end of a dowel and cooked over the fire. When they are done you fill it with anything you want. My favorite is cherries and chocolate, or chocolate and peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment