Thursday, July 14, 2011

Love Bomb

I had two posts that I've been planning to write for the past few days, one about my knee, and this week's Summer Photo Challenge. I will get to them, but something happened that I want to talk about first.

I got my first Love Bomb e-mail today! Just imagine for a minute that you or a family member is going to have major surgery, you've suffered a great loss, or are having a hard time dealing with something; that you've written about it on your blog. Then all of the sudden several hundred strangers comment with thoughts, prayers, words of encouragement. That is what Love Bomb does. All you have to do is sign up to be on their e-mail list, and every Thursday they choose one blog from submissions they've gotten and you go an leave a comment, whatever is in your heart. It takes 5 minutes or less, and I can't even imagine the comfort it brings to people, knowing that so many others are thinking of them in their time of need.

I don't remember which of the blogs that I follow first mentioned it, but I just had to sign up. I've only gotten the typical welcome e-mail, a newsletter, and then the Love Bomb from today, so they don't overload you with e-mails.

I strongly encourage you to sign up, and spread the love!
Here is the link to their website, in case the embedded link didn't work: http://dropalovebomb.com/
And at Twitter, they are @dropalovebomb

No comments:

Post a Comment